Greatest Televised Games
It took 33 years to get there, but finally England's 1966 world cup win was replaced as the greatest football moment ever in the hearts of fans.
Manchester United's last-grasp defeat of Bayern Munich in 99's Champions League has replaced it in the top spot.
Readers of Shoot magazine gave the nod to the match in which United's Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer scored in stoppage time to clinch the game 2 - 1.
The victory by Sir Alf Ramsey's side over West Germany came second in the poll, which is dominated by the Manchester team. In third position is United's FA Cup semi-final victory over Arsenal in April - in which Ryan Giggs scored a solo winner - and fifth spot is occupied by their Champions League comeback win over Juventus the same month. They are separated by England's World Cup second-round tie with Argentina, when Glenn Hoddle's men lost on penalties.
THE TOP TEN MATCHES
- Man Utd 2, Bayern Munich 1, (1999) Champions League final.
- England 4, West Germany 2, (1966) World Cup final.
- Man Utd 2, Arsenal 1, (1999) FA Cup semi-final replay.
- England 2, Argentina 2, (1998) World Cup, second round.
- Juventus 2, Man Utd 3, (1998) Champions League semi-final, second leg
- Real Madrid 7, Eintracht Frankfurt 3, (1960) European Cup final.
- England 4, Holland 1, (1996) European Championship.
- Liverpool 0, Arsenal 2, (1989) Division One title decider.
- England 2, Scotland 0, (1996) European Championship.
- Brazil 4, Italy 1, (1970) World Cup final.